Eight Recommendations For New Resort Owners
When you become a resorter…
- Join the Resort Community
Join the Community of Minnesota Resorts and the Minnesota Resorts and Campground Association so you can stay informed of what is happening and associate with achievers.
- Keep your rates high enough to maintain good accommodations and facilities.
- Keep your property and equipment clean and in good condition and the grounds well-groomed. (First impressions!)
- Keep good records; treat your resort as a business.
Digital advertising is constantly changing, and you need to keep up to date. Don’t forget to take advantage of marketing avenues thru Explore Minnesota state office of tourism.
- Be hospitable!
- Keep in mind that you provide “mental health” with a good vacation, which is a need in any economy.
- Be active in your local resort associations.
It is a tremendous opportunity to continue your education as an operator. Above all remember you are not competing with neighboring resort operators. A strong resort area serves everyone well. There is a tremendously large market of resort vacationers, go get ’em and good luck!